Enter Scout?

So I shot down my first scout. I sent my team to it. We killed a single alien en route. The front of the scout is open and leads to a tiny room. I sent my troops in there. I sent them all around the scout. I've had them wait upwards of 5 turns. The match won't end.

Am I missing something? Is there a door or something that leads to more of the scout? If so, I can't figure out where it is.

A lot of people have reported this problem. It seems that aliens sometimes appear in or enter solid objects like crates and ship walls and then can't escape or attack.

Your only hope of winning is to use explosives to kill the alien - probably in the walls of the ship (although I also had luck with stun batons). Try moving your characters around to see if they can spot him.

Sometimes the aliens are there but you can't see or aim at them at all. In that case, just start blowing up the alien ship inch by inch with C4, rockets, and grenades (in decreasing order of effectiveness). I have heard alien death screams but no body appears, no alien was ever seen, and no soldier could target them.

It doesn't even have to be in the alien ship. Aliens like to spawn in file cabinets and get stuck there. Just bring the whole adjacent wall down with a rocket if you can't target them directly. Although, I have only seen invisible stuck aliens in the alien ship itself, not in the rest of the map.

Edited by Toonami Fan