From dishwasher to millionaire or..

sledge

from mortal feeble roockie to just as mortal not that feeble slightly more experienced soldier.

The question is how steep should the increase in power by all factors (experience+equipment+knowledge) be?

I would like it to be quite considerable with a couple of no-clue-cannon-fodder guys that have to actually retreat from some battles evolving into badass intimidated by well-nigh nothing veterans (scarcely below blasterbomb+psi troops).

This "human evolution" was quite an important part to me in the original game.

Anyone got an opinion/perspective on that?

The thread was triggered by some game mechanics discussions were I argued along that line seemingly as the only one who wanted "from VERY low to somewhat high" "power progression".

• 3 weeks later...

well they soldiers gain extra stats meaning they get more ap (can shoot more or move farther) more strenght (more material in inv witout weighting them down) reflexes for beter reaction more accuracy etc.

also (i'm not sure about this one) i read on one of the forums that higher ranking soldiers give morale boosts

so in general veteran soldiers are well veterans stronger and more adapted then the rookies or soldiers who did their 10 day training