[v25.3 - Geoscape] Shot down Skyhawk produces empty wreckage site, soldiers remain airborne

asdfcyber

I didn't notice an interceptor coming after my Skyhawk at the edge of my radars. It got shot down and produced a wreckage site like shot down alien interceptors do. This wreckage site was empty and called my soldiers aliens. After the timer expired I got a message saying nothing was recovered.

image.png.590383d88c39f5288d2684eecbff7f3e.png

Furthermore, the Skyhawk does not get rebuilt like other aircraft, and any personnel onboard seem to have gained lighter than air properties and will remain perpetually airborne:

image.thumb.png.10a56cf2c64c50bde9c26a72915d0805.png

Naturally, this led me to produce this:

mars-meme-edit.thumb.png.09a48f44ab9a6b19f2382fd88378da7a.png

(as a bonus, I found a typo in the unedited text of the mars page: the second to last line reads "as if there were not there", which I think should be "as if they are not there")

auto_strategy_before_intercept-90.json auto_strategy_after_intercept-93.json

Edited by asdfcyber
clarified which interceptors
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:38 PM, asdfcyber said:

I didn't notice an interceptor coming after my Skyhawk at the edge of my radars. It got shot down and produced a wreckage site like shot down alien interceptors do. This wreckage site was empty and called my soldiers aliens. After the timer expired I got a message saying nothing was recovered.

image.png.590383d88c39f5288d2684eecbff7f3e.png

Furthermore, the Skyhawk does not get rebuilt like other aircraft, and any personnel onboard seem to have gained lighter than air properties and will remain perpetually airborne:

image.thumb.png.10a56cf2c64c50bde9c26a72915d0805.png

Naturally, this led me to produce this:

mars-meme-edit.thumb.png.09a48f44ab9a6b19f2382fd88378da7a.png

(as a bonus, I found a typo in the unedited text of the mars page: the second to last line reads "as if there were not there", which I think should be "as if they are not there")

auto_strategy_before_intercept-90.json 681.77 kB · 0 downloads auto_strategy_after_intercept-93.json 674.81 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks. That's a beautiful piece of artwork indeed (I like the appropriately coloured balloons).

I'll have a chat to the coders about this. This feature did once work but I think it got broken a while ago, so I'll see how much work fixing it up will be.