[v25.3 - General] Game freezes when selecting save

asdfcyber

The save at the start of the next turn has the same problem. The save before that is a quicksave, which doesn't want to load because of this issue:

The save at the end of turn three was able to load. It is probably worth reiterating that all my recent bug reports are not on the converted v25.2 campaign but on a new v25.3 one.

auto_groundcombat_turn_4_start-206.json quick-67.json

Edited by asdfcyber

On 12/29/2022 at 12:19 PM, asdfcyber said:

The save at the start of the next turn has the same problem. The save before that is a quicksave, which doesn't want to load because of this issue:

The save at the end of turn three was able to load. It is probably worth reiterating that all my recent bug reports are not on the converted v25.2 campaign but on a new v25.3 one.

auto_groundcombat_turn_4_start-206.json 1.77 MB · 0 downloads quick-67.json 1.75 MB · 0 downloads

I think this might actually be a problem with some of your other save files, as I don't get any errors at all loading this save or the following one in the Steam version of the game (or in the developer version).

Maybe move all your saves to a different directory and see if the errors go away?

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Maybe move all your saves to a different directory and see if the errors go away?

Windows explorer crashed when I tried to select all saves :')

It seems you're right, I archived every save except for the most recent one and the first autosave in this thread and I can't reproduce this issue. It still seems very unlikely to me that clicking a particular save would hang the game because some other save has a problem though. If this issue ever pops up again I'll let you know.

12 hours ago, asdfcyber said:

Windows explorer crashed when I tried to select all saves :')

It seems you're right, I archived every save except for the most recent one and the first autosave in this thread and I can't reproduce this issue. It still seems very unlikely to me that clicking a particular save would hang the game because some other save has a problem though. If this issue ever pops up again I'll let you know.

Out of interest, are you playing the air combat manually or through autoresolve? There's a particular crash bug that's been affecting past versions of the game that I'm surprised you've not encountered yet if you're playing manual air combat.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Out of interest, are you playing the air combat manually or through autoresolve? There's a particular crash bug that's been affecting past versions of the game that I'm surprised you've not encountered yet if you're playing manual air combat.

I used to only autoresolve, but the past handful of encounter's I've done manually because I get much better results that way. Haven't gotten a crash from that yet

3 minutes ago, asdfcyber said:

I used to only autoresolve, but the past handful of encounter's I've done manually because I get much better results that way. Haven't gotten a crash from that yet

Cool. It'd potentially be helpful if you could try fighting a few more manually, as it might then trigger this bug. Because you're pretty diligent about keeping saves hopefully we could find the point at which it happens if you do end up encountering it.

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

Cool. It'd potentially be helpful if you could try fighting a few more manually, as it might then trigger this bug. Because you're pretty diligent about keeping saves hopefully we could find the point at which it happens if you do end up encountering it.

Yeah I've got over a gigabyte of zipped saves lying around :)
I didn't know it was related to manual air combat, I'll keep an eye out!