[v14] Flares not lighting up whole circle, could be old problem.

I'm sure someone has reported this, but I'll report just in case. I've noticed when you toss a flare sometimes the lighting is really messed up. You see a few squares of terrain lit up instead of a nice circle. It's almost like you can throw a flare further than you can see. It just doesn't look right. I believe was going on well before V14. If the problem is vision range vs. lighting I suggest that you adjust the distance you can throw a flare. I can't imagine anyone being to throw something so far they can't even see it at least on flat ground. Personally, my opinion is that if you can throw it and you have LOS to where it lands than all terrain in that area ought to become visible/light up. Obviously, the aliens/civilians could still be invisible until you get closer (camo, hiding, being small), but you should be able to make out all the buildings and land features.

I wish I and a screen print of this, but I'm sure everyone has seen it unless I have a very unique issue with my graphics card or something.

Edited by StellarRat

[...]I can't imagine anyone being to throw something so far they can't even see it at least on flat ground.[...]

Welcome to the UFO franchise, where elite soldiers have a vision range of like 20m ;)

(which does not necessarily invalidate your point, but i still feel the need to point out the game mechanics > reality issue)