[v25.1b Ground Combat] Grenade Damage+Effect completely disappears when used in Skyranger

2 hours ago, happystrawberry1 said:

I started testing grenade throws in every part of the map and found this bug. I am able to reproduce it consistently with any mission. I am not sure if this is by design. 

user_grenade_test_save-18.json 1.43 MB · 0 downloads

That's not a bug, no. You're throwing grenades directly into the roof of the dropship there - that's why the line is turning red and showing a 0% chance to hit.

18 minutes ago, Chris said:

That's not a bug, no. You're throwing grenades directly into the roof of the dropship there - that's why the line is turning red and showing a 0% chance to hit.

Shouldn't I suffer friendly fire damage from the frag grenade that hit the roof or the smoke appearing? As much as I like things not working against me haha!

20 hours ago, happystrawberry1 said:

Shouldn't I suffer friendly fire damage from the frag grenade that hit the roof or the smoke appearing? As much as I like things not working against me haha!

Yes, and in the final version of the game you may well. Right now explosions are limited to the level on which they explode, so all the damage and effect is happening on the level above.

Which I guess is a bit silly if you hit a roof, actually, so I'll have a quick chat to the coders to see if there's anything we can do about that.