[v25.1b General/Ground Combat - Dropship Soldier Numbers not updating + 0% Hit Chance still hitting when shooting via ctrl+left click

Ufomeister

First off about the Dropship Soldier Numbers not updating:

I was rearranging my soldiers (and the MARS robot) within the dropship menu (see attached screenshots) to different positions but when I did that, they didn't change to the appropriate number.

For instance: CPT. Petra Hallas is on no.1 in the soldier list but when I switch that soldier's green symbol to position 8 in the dropship, her position doesn't update appropriately in the list.
Not quite sure if that's intended or not but I think it was definitely updating automatically in X1 :)

Second bug I came across: During ground combat, I had a 0% hit chance multiple times and could still hit the targets by doing the manual shooting via CTRL+left click.

20221216013939_1.jpg

20221216013946_1.jpg

8 hours ago, Ufomeister said:

First off about the Dropship Soldier Numbers not updating:

I was rearranging my soldiers (and the MARS robot) within the dropship menu (see attached screenshots) to different positions but when I did that, they didn't change to the appropriate number.

For instance: CPT. Petra Hallas is on no.1 in the soldier list but when I switch that soldier's green symbol to position 8 in the dropship, her position doesn't update appropriately in the list.
Not quite sure if that's intended or not but I think it was definitely updating automatically in X1 :)

Second bug I came across: During ground combat, I had a 0% hit chance multiple times and could still hit the targets by doing the manual shooting via CTRL+left click.

20221216013939_1.jpg

20221216013946_1.jpg

Thanks. So those two bugs should be in different threads, really. The second bug is something I'd like to look into but I need saves and ideally a screenshot to do so - there's a sticky at the top of the forum that explains where to find the saves etc. If it happens again then please post it up and we'll check out what's happening.

The rearranging soldiers here is a feature rather than a bug, although I guess it's not that well explained. The green icons represent soldier slots, so you're moving the position of soldier slot 1 by dragging that icon around and the soldier in slot 1 will always spawn in the location of that icon.

You can switch soldiers between slots by dragging them up and down on the list on the left. This matters because you may always want an Assault soldier in slot 1, right at the front of the dropship. Individual soldiers frequently get killed or injured so we've found it better to tie positions to soldier slots rather than the soldiers themselves.