Any word on VIP events?

Hi there - so unfortunately there hasn't been any progress on that, no. The reason is that I'm not entirely sure what form the strategic operations we had planned out at the time of the Kickstarter will have when the game finally launches, because a number of elements of the game design have changed since the Kickstarter and the strategic operations might not work very well with the new mechanics.

Hopefully once the gameplay is more solid we'll be able to figure out a way to include them, but clearly it wouldn't be very smart to include a feature in the game that makes the game worse just because we promised it on Kickstarter. So we'll have to see how well they work.

If we have to drop it we'll chat to the affected backers and either find a replacement we can offer them that fits better within the final game, or offer them a partial refund on their pledge to compensate.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chris said:

Hi there - so unfortunately there hasn't been any progress on that, no. The reason is that I'm not entirely sure what form the strategic operations we had planned out at the time of the Kickstarter will have when the game finally launches, because a number of elements of the game design have changed since the Kickstarter and the strategic operations might not work very well with the new mechanics.

Hopefully once the gameplay is more solid we'll be able to figure out a way to include them, but clearly it wouldn't be very smart to include a feature in the game that makes the game worse just because we promised it on Kickstarter. So we'll have to see how well they work.

If we have to drop it we'll chat to the affected backers and either find a replacement we can offer them that fits better within the final game, or offer them a partial refund on their pledge to compensate.

I appreciate the info :)  I'm not in any rush, hopefully they can be added as a semi-random scripted event.