Sign in to follow this  
DaReaperZ

[V11.3 Ground Combat] Crash when stunning spooky tentacleman

Posted (edited)

Description: Straight up crash when using burst fire mode with the electroshock gun to stun the tentacleman.

What happened: I moved up Christopher as the picture shows, then fired a burst to stun the poor tentaleman. He turned around, furious at my attempt to probe his netherrealms, and promptly crashed my game.

Further Information: This might be one of those obvious bugs that are already known, but I couldn't find anything on it. It's easy enough to reproduce, just load up the save, move Christopher and try to three-round burst the thing, it should result in a crash, with a quick flash of a null reference in the error log.

I should also mention, I almost accidentally won this one before being able to capture the Bossman McTentacleboy overhere due to the turn timer for "capturing the area" almost screwing me.

20200309195227_1.thumb.jpg.5ea4f0a1c87ecc0536f17bfc6554a521.jpg

user-65.json

output.log

Edited by DaReaperZ

Posted (edited)

Tested your save and no matter how you kill/stund it, just before it should make the death animation, instead it crashes.

Tried with other weapons, shock batons & frag grenades.

2020-03-10 01:19:55,336 [FATAL] (D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-0.57.3\Assets\Code\Screens\XenonautsMain.cs:560) 
[INITIAL CRASH]
System.NullReferenceException: A fatal error occurred during Update[] -  - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Animation.Acts.DeathAct.CauseDeath (Single deltaTime) [...] in D:\...\Animation\Acts\LifeStatusAct\DeathAct.cs:88 
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Animation.Acts.DeathAct.UpdateActive (Single deltaTime) [...] in D:\...\Animation\Acts\LifeStatusAct\DeathAct.cs:51 
  at Common.Boards.System.Act.Update (Single deltaTime) [0x00143] in D:\...\GroundCombat\Systems\Animation\Acts\Act.cs:304 

Edited by npc85354
log snippet added