Player's turn and opponent's turn

Hello, I played a little game and the question arises, why do aliens sometimes have several turns and what does it depend on?
is it like in xcom that you can stay in guard mode? And what does the eye icon mean?
Recently I was so dead because what I was opening the door was shooting at me in my turn

Hi - so the aliens should only have one turn after your turn, but I think what you're talking about is when they interrupt your turn with overwatch fire and then return control to you,

Basically any unit that hasn't spent their time units during its turn can spend them during the enemy turn instead, to shoot at enemies that move into their vision cone. Your soldiers can do this and so can the aliens. If you don't move a soldier and let them end their turn with full TU, they'll probably shoot at aliens that they see moving during the alien turn.

The rules are a bit complex, but the more Time Units your soldier has the less likely they are to be interrupted by alien overwatch fire.