In this build I seem be given the maximum allowable number of soldiers/ scientists or technicians when pressing the button next to them on the personnel screen.

My resolution has always run the text a little on this screen so that I can only see the tens figure, howwever it ahs alwasy incremented 1 at a time.

Image my surprise when I bought half a million worth of rookies by mistake.

In this build I seem be given the maximum allowable number of soldiers/ scientists or technicians when pressing the button next to them on the personnel screen.

My resolution has always run the text a little on this screen so that I can only see the tens figure, howwever it ahs alwasy incremented 1 at a time.

Image my surprise when I bought half a million worth of rookies by mistake.

Did you hold down ctrl by mistake while doing so?

I've been able to hire as many as I'd like, not just maximum.

no, no control key was pressed. When I take the number back down to zero and try again I get them individually when I try again.

Sorry for not being clear Oracle - when I said 'maximum allowable', I meant by the constraints of my funding and living quarter space. It's just that I fill every avalable space or run out of money, rather than pickign them one at a time.

I presumed it was just some sort of resolution issue and that something had been added that I couldn't see clearly.