Loading Ground Combat freezes when at 8/10th finished

Somehow two of my Iron Man games have now become unplayable due to the fact that the game seems to freezes at ground combat loading when almost finished. If I click anything I hear the sound of the clicking in the background as if I was on the map but nothing else.

The first game I started ended on the first mission whilst I was able to play the second one for a month before it started occuring. Idk how to fix this, I have tried reinstalling, admin mode, deleting maps + tiles etc.. please help.

My save game is attached.

AutosaveIM2017-07-26_22.36.50.sav

1 hour ago, Solver said:

Looks like some ancient version of the game.

So first try updating the game to a current version, preferably the Community Edition (and even better, change to a Steam copy).

I will attempt using the Community Edition and return but it is a steam version of the game 

Really? Looked to me like it's 1.5 but guess I got that wrong.

I hope the Community Edition works - it fixes most loading problems as far as I'm aware. Let me know if it still fails and I'll examine the save in more detail, would be interesting if some problems still remain.

Just tried the community edition, same problem still stops at a certain point and refuses to load more, I really want to play but not start another Iron Man and redo the first month with the risk of this happening again

That's definitely unusual! If you start a new game, it won't happen again - sounds like the save got corrupted by the vanilla game, and X:CE doesn't corrupt saves like that.

But don't do that just yet, I'll take a look at the save.