Problem with TU/AP-Costs of firing Weapon (Flat & Percentage)

FiesesAlien

Hey!

When i change:

<PercentageWeaponCosts>1</PercentageWeaponCosts>

To:

<PercentageWeaponCosts>0</PercentageWeaponCosts>

The costs of all Actions should be "flat" right? Following in this Example:

<Weapon MODMERGE="update" name="weapon.machinegun" bulletType="normal" emptySound="Empty Click 1">	<props range="25" hands="2" recoil="70" weight="8" isHeavy="0" clipSize="30" reloadAPCost="35" reloadSound="Weapon Machinegun Reload" strengthLimited="1" reactionModifier="0.5" />	<SingleShot />	<BurstFire ap="15" accuracy="35" sound="Weapon Machinegun Burst" delay="0.7" burstdelay="0.1" shotCount="10" suppressionValue="120" suppressionRadius="4" />	<GUIImage name="gui/weapons/machinegun.png"/>	<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/ballistic_machinegun.png"/>	<Ammos>		<Ammo name="ammo.ballistic.machinegun" type="kinetic" damage="30" mitigation="5">			<Projectile spectre="projectiles/bullet/bullet" speed="1500" showAfterDistance="60.0"/>			<Impact spectre="particles/bulletplume/bulletplume"/>		</Ammo>	</Ammos></Weapon>

BurstFire ap=15

In Flat it should also cost 15 and in % it should cost 15 for a 100-TU Guy? Or am i missunderstanding something? Right at the moment i may thing that this AP means Armor Piercing but above "ReloadAP" means Reload-ActionPoints... very very confusing.

Would be glad if someone could enlighten me.

Stay crunchy.

Edited by FiesesAlien
Better title

Hey...

sitting hours after hours after hours on this problem. Any thing i chance wont change in game... *sigh* Does ANYBODY know what iam doing wrong? Where i need to look for those pesky god damn AP/TU Costs firing weapons and whatever else? Getting pretty angry right now :(

Please... help

Stay crunchy.

I have no idea what's going wrong, but I can offer some solidarity as a fellow brother-in-having-annoying-persistent-coding-problems.

PercentageWeaponsCosts might be entirely defunct. A lot of things are left hanging in the game files when the code backing them up is inaccessible. I recommend you go to sleep, do something else with your time, and wait for one of the experienced modders to show up. Don't waste any more of your own time.

Heyho.

Actually i found the "Problem". The Problem is that my Mod is loaded, thats a fact and that works just fine but here comes the trick: Everything in weapons_gc seems always used from XCE instead from my modification ...

I editet the XCE weapons_gc and it works but that should not be, because why i should then make it in my mod? Trying now a bit around with load-order...

Edit:

Screw you too Load-Order... it changes always back that the XCE stuff is loaded... Now thats great... some files editing work, some not... thats... RARRRGH! Now i begin to hate starting modding...

Edited by FiesesAlien

Soooo...

either iam screwed and need to do my own weapons or i just switch from XCE to normal Game. Hm, trying the second thing, just a matter of seconds.

Edit:

Switching off XCE makes everything worse... then no changes i did work... so at this point my angry-level is OVER NINE THOUSAND! ... Is it that complicated? I mean, iam not a very smart person but thats ridicolous... "Make a mod, change a file... yeah, some files work, some not, deal with it bwahahaha..."

Edited by FiesesAlien

Hm.

Maybe then iam doing something wrong, but if noone can say what iam doing wrong its not very helpfull :( I use MODMERGE, it doesnt work (it works on soldier stats), i dont use MODMERGE it works anyway on some thing, some not.

I mean... dafuq? Iam so confused right now iam exploding in absolute anger, i even cant calm down because all my learning progress is "Dont matter what, something WILL screw you!" with Xenonauts! I dont had problems in other Games: Always simple: Your mod does this, okay, as long you dont screw things up by yourself it will work!

Everything i needed to do was to just to say 1 time per file i was editing "Take this! not original ones!". It seems in Xenonauts i have to change for every line the "how it will work"-thing. One line needs modmerge, one not, one line ignore every change because... screw you? ARGH!

Ok... okay... okay... here's the files (attachement):

In weapons_gc.xml only weapon.rifle was editet for testing (every AP cost to 1, except reload...)

Hey.

Iam working on this since about 6+ hours just to figure out what i need to do so that changes in weapons_gc are acceptet from the game because its my mod. Can anyone help? Or am i now alone with this problem? I dont find the solution, i dont know what and iam just at the point where i will say "fu** modding" and switch to a new game...

Well, stay crunchy...

Heyho.

Nope, my problem is that changes in weapons_gc (folder: my modname) are not doing anything in the game (changes in gameconfig do! not all, but mostly. And there i just need to say MODMERGE="update" so everything i change there is accepted).

If i do Modmerge (update and other variations) in weapons_gc nothing works because the game still takes the weapons_gc from xce folder.... driving me crazy...

So,

Okay, maybe we talk about two different things. I will try to show you (well... i uploaded the "mod" but if you dont want to look into it i must try to tell you what ive done) step by step what i did.

1.) assets/mods/mymodname

2.) copied the files "gameconfig.xml" and "modinfo.xml" here

3.) modinfo.xml contains my things. modname, versionname and guy who did this

4.) editet "gameconfig.xml" to how i want to do

-> Only thing i need to update with MODMERGE was following:

<soldierStats MODMERGE="update" comment="Soldier's stats are generated with values in the specified range."> <actionPoints min="40" max="65" /><resilence    min="40" max="65" /><strength     min="40" max="65" /><accuracy     min="40" max="65" /><reflexes     min="40" max="65" /><bravery      min="40" max="65" /> </soldierStats>

If i would not do it, the changes here will not be in the game.

5.) Start the game, test everythin, works fine.

6.) copied "weapons_gc.xml"

-> Everything, just for testing, what i wanted to do here is set the procentual costs of the rifle from X to Y (for testing i did all the aimed-one shots to 1 and the burst also, not the reload.

-> Startet the game -> doesnt work, the game runs as usual with standarised XCE-File(s).

-> Yes.. the Mod is active. Yes.. the Mod has the highest load order.

-> Yes i tried "MODMERGE" with "update" and also "replace" and also with "name" and together with "update"

7.) For testing i went into the folder assets/mods/XCE and opened there "weapons_gc.xml" and did the same

-> Startet the game -> works like a charm. The cost of all rifle-shots where 1% of the TU of the Soldier

See now what i mean? My mod-file wont load, even with MODMERGE, even with copieing from other mods the same file as a test. I dont need to change something in the weapons.xml because i dont need to, there are no TU/AP-Costs.

See now what i mean? Maybe it helps you identify what my problem ist. OR: You can just look into the file(s) provided where you can directly see what i (may) have done wrong :) THX anyway for your kindness and helpyness =)

Stay crunchy.

hey guys.. give me a hand here.. click spam shock-baton.. :)

Sometimes very very little point which u wont notice for days can stop you... a little ";" make me lose 2 days ones.. and some more i needed to make from start.. still i dont know what i did wrong.. this games modding makes fun with ppl..

Ouch! Ouch!

Yeah. The smallest things can have the biggest impact, i knew... in Starbound you close with ";" and i made a ":" somewhere. Even Notepad++ didnt coloring. Was searching nearly 3 hours or so... letter for letter, point for point... xD

Finally i can mod through now and starting to re-balance my mod that it will be i wanted it: Modern Warfare with a real alien invasion =) Loads of work incoming! My own mod with my own bad english skills xD

Ouch! Ouch!

Yeah. The smallest things can have the biggest impact, i knew... in Starbound you close with ";" and i made a ":" somewhere. Even Notepad++ didnt coloring. Was searching nearly 3 hours or so... letter for letter, point for point... xD

Finally i can mod through now and starting to re-balance my mod that it will be i wanted it: Modern Warfare with a real alien invasion =) Loads of work incoming! My own mod with my own bad english skills xD

"Real" invasion.. o.O... u got a long way in front of you..