X:CE 0.31HF1 Ammo Issues

cwbutcher

I'm having problems with weapons being only partially loaded with ammunition in both community and experimental editions but doesn't seem to occur in vanilla.

What first happened was I loaded up a save game at the start of a ground mission, still on the dropship, and noticed all my shield guys with pistols had 12/15 bullets. After the mission I noticed people unassigned back at base also had random amounts of ammo in different weapons, including in backpacks.

I started a new game to see if there was a problem with the savegame. Armed everyone up and fought my first ground mission with all full mags, got back to base and everyone on the mission had full mags but the guys back at base, not on the chopper, had gone down to 2/20 shots with the assault rifles in their backpacks.

I've tried to replicate this a couple times in vanilla and doesn't seem to happen, playing through pretty much the same way with my usual tactics.

Also completely unrelated but how do I do load a rocket launcher with anything other than frag at base? Or does this have to be done in combat?