Ammo Problem

DaHo

Hey out there,

first of all, great game, great background, fancy remake ;-)

since a week i have fun modding this game.. as an x-com fan i wanted all the fancy stuff back i had then. so i went to change all the research, items, manufracture, strings, weapons, ammos, etc etc etc...

so i added a research supply chain that unlock all items for my workshop to be produced.. more like ordered "1manhour" ;-)

everything works fine until i come to the laser ammo.. after every groundmission, this ammo is multiplying it self instead of beeing used... no other ammo is doing that, i tried with all the ballistics and with plasma so far.. but laser just grow in cells ;-)

here a bit of the code for it..

i posted the ballistics with, so you can see it exactly the same as with the laser, also in the strings, manu, items etc etc.. just laser ammo multiply in groundmission why ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!-- Research Supply Chain -->

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="76.5">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s77"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.Supplychain</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">5</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">Weaponary</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AlienInvasion</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String"> UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.Supplychain" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.pistol" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.ammo.ballistic.pistol" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.shotgun" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.ammo.ballistic.shotgun" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.rifle" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.ammo.ballistic.rifle" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.sniper" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.ammo.ballistic.sniper" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.rocketlauncher" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.rocket.frag" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.machinegun" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.ammo.ballistic.machinegun" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Medipack" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.combatshield" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.grenade.flare" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.grenade.frag" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.explosive.C4" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.grenade.smoke" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.weapon.grenade.flashbang" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.Supplychain</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<!-- Research Weaponry -->

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="76.5">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s77"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.LaserWeaponry</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">80</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">Weaponary</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s80"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AlienPlasmaTechnology</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String"> UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.LaserWeaponry" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Laserpistol" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Lasercarbine" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Laserrifle" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Precisionlaser" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.ammo.laser.lasercell");</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.LaserWeaponry</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<!-- Laser Ammo -->

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.ammo.laser.lasercell</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">SoldierWeapons</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">200</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.Alienalloys</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">manufacture/ManTech.ammo.laser.lasercell</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "ammo.laser.lasercell" );</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<!-- Laser Ammo -->

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.ammo.laser.lasercell</Data><NamedCell

ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Laser Cell</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.laser.lasercell</Data><NamedCell

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Laser Cell</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<!-- Laser Ammo -->

<Cell ss:StyleID="s70"><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.laser.lasercell</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">200</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="4" ss:StyleID="s71"><Data ss:Type="String">Uncapped</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/airplane/rocket</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell>

</Row>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mmhhh harder then i thought..

first to explain : i went to a ground mission with 6 ballistic rifles each loaded with a clip, no additional ammo.. ( 6 rifles and 6 clips, when equiped no stock shown) no additional ammo at the end of the mission.

second : i went to a ground mission with 6 laser rifles each loaded with a cell, no additional ammo.. ( 6 rifles and 6 cells, when equiped no stock shown) 5 !!! additional ammo at the end of the mission.

third : i created a new ammo for the laser rifle called ammo.laser.rifle so a rifle cell ;-) it worked out with implementing no problem, but exact the same behaviour as the normal cell... even when no other laser weapon is using this ammo, it multiplies at the end of a ground mission ..... why ?

ha i found it... its really a hardcode thing my bet.

the gun in the weapon file , not the weapon_gc... there is a string what it defines what type ( not category ) the gun is.. all ballistic works out fine and everything is ok.. as soon this changes to laser, the ammo is always bugged at end of ground missions.. so lets change all the guns to ballistic.. it doesnt matter anyway, since you define dmg type in the weapon_gc ;-)

new problem,

if i change all the lasers to type ballistic, the category Laser is not opening anymore, if i change all lasers to ballistic type and leave the laser pistol to type laser, the first in the row, then the category laser appears, all guns are in and work fine beside of the pistol ;-)

its kind a hard game hehe

mhh ok, need to give up on it.

cant figure out where that option is hidden.. it has to do with the type of the weapon, if ammo inside is counted as +1 at the end of a ground mission or not. so back to unlimited ammo :(

still everything else works as intended.

hope i can upload it once i played it totally. atm im working on a delay after the grenade is thrown.. since there is also a deley in the trow animation, but again something dont want to work ;-)