question about UFO blueprints/design

Hello,

I am new to the forum, and I have been following the dev of the game.

I am really interested in buying the game as I see it has a general good review.

nevertheless I had a few simple questions:

1- I understood that the UFOs have only one type of design per each kind of ship.

Does anyone knows if the maps mod packs include some tweaks to those "unique" ship design?

I am asking this as I understood it was one of the few critics about the game.

2- Is the game still supported, any plans for the future?

3- About the missions: Are they all the same canvas? Destroying alien ships then you send a squad to investigate/exterminate all aliens? Or do you have different missions? like rescuying civilians?...

Regards

1. In the base game, each UFO has two internal layouts that are randomly chosen when the mission spawns. There's no map packs which add additional UFO interior designs per se. However, my mod Enhanced Crash Sites offers a little more variety by applying random damage to the interiors which changes their layouts a little, while my mod Fire in the Hole replaces the normal UFO interiors with new ones (along with other things).

2. The game is still supported in the sense that there are still plans for bug fixes, but there are no plans for an official expansion or add-on. Development continues informally, however, in the form of the Community Edition mod which has a number of bug fixes, UI tweaks and additional features which don't directly affect gameplay (e.g. time controllers in air combat and a soldier memorial page). There's also plenty of other mods which have been made/are being made that add more stuff/shake things up.

3. Most missions are based around UFOs which have crashed or landed. There are also Terror Missions where you have to protect civilians from being killed, Base Assault missions where you have to destroy alien bases, and Base defence missions where you have to protect your own bases against alien attack. None of these missions have special objectives (i.e. there aren't things like 'protect the VIP' or 'defuse the bomb') but they do play quite differently to the regular UFO missions.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I guess the game is a buy then. You would recommand it?

I bought the xcom unknwon and I could say I am a little disappointed about the game. It's fine on certain

aspects but it lacks something to make it great. Also all the mission environment feel very "western".

Played the first xcom years ago and had of course a lot of fun. Loved about all the aspects: tactical fight, management etc..

Xenonauts is a lot more similar to the first X-Com from 1994 than the recent Enemy Unknown. Management of multiple bases, complex tactical combat with a lot of freedom, and so on. It is far less glamorous than Enemy Unknown and less action-oriented, but offers a lot more depth.