Fun with C4

Just a few little things I've found with it so far.

If you throw c4 into a fire, it explodes - as most of my men have it, this is great for leveling everything

After you have armed it, do not put it back in the backpack. It is still armed and explodes. Though it was funny.

It can be difficult throwing C4, often they drop it. Best to keep your thrower a distance from others and at least 2 turns on the countdown.

If you plan on having the doors blown in, then another explosions, tough. Neighboring c4 explodes at the same time.

Can we use C4 to blow an UFO's entry doors?

On my first try I did throw it in front of the door, but without arming it :D

Then I thought I throw a grenade next to it, which did detonate the C4 (so it seems, as the charge was gone then), but the doors had not a scratch...

Can we use C4 to blow an UFO's entry doors?

On my first try I did throw it in front of the door, but without arming it :D

Then I thought I throw a grenade next to it, which did detonate the C4 (so it seems, as the charge was gone then), but the doors had not a scratch...

Strange. All it takes to blast the UFO entry door is one LMG burst. Half-burst with plasma+

We're lucky that the aliens do not use explosive satchels and rocket launchers. I remember in Jagged Alliance2 the enemy just loved to pepper you with LAW's, mortars and rocket rifles. Ouch.

I assume, then, that you never played Terror From The Deep?

Long story short, due to a bug UFO was always on 'easiest' difficulty and TFTD was was always on 'Insane' difficulty.

Two steps out of the sub (landing craft) without first deploying 'smoke' would guarantee two HE torpedoes coming your way the next alien turn. I always learned to keep my soldiers in pairs and keep them two squares apart from each other. Fan them out in such a way that the neighbouring pairs could support each other without becoming torpedo fodder.