Questions re: Soldier Deployment, Starting Weapons, Geoscape Sound Events, "Lockitem"

Armakoir

Good day all,

These questions are mostly: is this possible?

1. Can soldier deployment be randomized in an area?

I guess the first step here would be to try to randomize (in some fashion) soldier deployment within the Chinook. My eventual goal would be to add a C-130 dropship to the game, which would airdrop deploy soldiers and vehicles.

2. How are starting weapons (pre Alien Invasion researched) determined?

I know that I can add or modify a weapon in items.xml to "Unlimited" and that allows the weapon to be available right at the beginning of a game, but what I'm actually wanting to do is reduce the number of starting weapons. Working from the starting point of the Xenophobia compilation, "Normal" does not accomplish removing starting weapons.

3. Can/how are sound files triggered on the geoscape?

For example, can a sound file be made to trigger on a dropship leaving a base and heading to a crash site?

4. In the research.xml, items are unlocked with "UnlockItem". Is there a way to re-lock items (or otherwise remove them from the soldier equipping menu) using research further down a tree?

Best, and thanks!