Two burst fire settings?

Dogbarian

I've been looking through the various weapon mods that folks have done (great work!), and hadn't found one that offered this, and I'm wondering if maybe the game doesn't allow it.

Can you have a ground weapon with two different burst fire modes (example, a 5-rd burst and a 10-rd burst on the stock vanilla machine gun)? The shorter burst would take less TU to fire, and be more accurate. Maybe even less suppression value, too. For LMGs, you fire short bursts when you are firing at a point target, and long bursts when you are trying to suppress.

Or would you simulate that by having the regular burst fire mode fire maybe 3 rounds, but the "round" is like the shotgun "bullet" that has multiple pellets, set to 5 pellets? And then have the option to fire 1 "round" as a normal shot?

Doing it this way, you would need to artificially lower the magazine size, dividing by 5.

Thanks to all the modders for your time you have spent on this!

John

I would suggest a burst fire and full auto fire. Burst would remain 3 as it is, but full auto would fully drain the TUs and shoot an X number of bullets based on how many TUs there were.

Nice idea, but I don't think the game coding would allow this. You could peg the TU to 90% or whatever and then empty the mag with a full auto shot.

Thanks for the answer, Kabill, I'll try it with pellets and see how it works.