Support Staff (Can't seem to find a answer)

SainnQ

I've been googling and perusing the websites search function for roughly 30 minutes or so. I tend to just look, and do fine in finding what I need to know. But this required me to make an account.

I know you can outright modify the days required to research/manufacture something to completion, you can modify the holding capacity of the related facilities to increase your overall personnel up to the maximum capacity.

But is there a way to modify the bonus individual staff members lend to research or manufacturing when assigned to a process?

No, but doing that is exactly the same as changing the research costs. If a project takes 100 scientist-days to complete, then doubling the effectiveness of scientists is exactly the same as halving the number of scientist days.

(Or are you meaning on an individual scientist-by-scientist level, with the intention of having an "efficiency" stat for individual staff members?)

Shit, I suck at communication.

You know how, building a corsair could take X amount of days with one Engineer, but for each additional Engineer a given reduction in the build time is shown?

I was hoping I could tweak the value by which each engineer/scientist lends to an overall reduction in R&D. Did that make sense?

I was hoping there was a more elegant method of modifying research & manufacturing times. Rather then just going in and halving or putting the R&D time in as 1 for everything.