Where to mod number of items form UFOs

kottis

Actually the only real resource to produce high tier weapons, armors and aircrafts are alloys and alenium which can easily be collected with low risk missions (there are a few exceptions). So in mid and late game its not worth to do the high level alien ships missions more than once, since most of the required alloys and alenium are already present.

A simple way to change this are specific requirements for each produced item additional to alloys and alenium. My first idea are datacorese form different alien ships. So for example you need a scout datacore for a laser pistol and a corvette datacore for scatter laser.

I know the items.xml the manufractum.xml and the required properties to change. However where can I change the number of items in each ufo type? And is it possible to add more than one datacore to each ship?

All the items recovered from a UFO are set in the map spectres (i.e. the files that indicate the qualities of a map prop in ground missions). For example, the UFO power core prop is set to give you alenium and alloys.

So if you want to add in or alter resource/item drops from UFOs, you will need to download the mapping tiles from the mapping forum and edit the relevant spectres either in the submap editor or individually in a text editor.