Adding stuff to the Xenopaedia?

BuzuBuzu

Can anyone give me some basic tips on how to add stuff to the Xenopaedia?

I opened up the Xenopaedia.xml file in Excel, duplicated the entry for Avalanche Torpedo and renamed it to Alenium Torpedo and AV.ALENIUMTORP. I loaded up the Xenopaedia in-game but my new entry is nowhere to be found. Is there some flag I need to add for when it unlocks (after reasearch or something)? Is the Xenopaedia.xml the only file (apart from the Xenopaedia images) that runs the the Xenopaedia? Do the stats for Aircraft Auto Cannon, Sidewinder, and Avalanche present in the Xenopaedia automatically get loaded from aircraftweapons.xml (because I couldn't find any text with the stats in Xenopaedia.xml)?

To have an entry unlock, you need to either set it to unlock at the beginning of the game or you need to attach it to a tech.

To have it available from the beginning of the game, go to assets/scripts/ and open the _basebuilt file. Add in an UnlockKnowledge( "XENOPEDIA_ENTRY" ); line and job done.

For research related entries, again add an UnlockKnowledge function in the "when finished" column for the relevant tech.

Hope that helps.