[1.06] Manufactured Weapons Not Recovered

Twice now on my second playthough (Veteran if that matters), soldiers who have died in combat or been wounded beyond 50% won't have their weapons recovered at the end of the mission. Armor, yes, weapons, no.

Restarting the game does not fix the issue. Weapons were the laser sniper rifle (dead soldier), plasma rifle (dead soldier), and plasma rifle (hospitalized soldier).

Sorry if this has been said before. Thanks for looking into it.

What I observed is that manufactured equipment of soldiers that have died always return to the base stockpile - but soldiers that are hospitalized because their health dropped below 50% keep it equipped - and thus it becomes effectively unavailable until the soldier is healed enough to return to the unassigned roster on the equipment menu.

It would be great if hospitalized soldiers would also return their equipment to the stockpile.

Dead people also seem to lock down equipment. I just had a ground mission where two soldiers in jackal armor died. After the dropship returned to its base and I wanted to replenish the crew with two new soldiers, I didn't have any armor available to equip them with. Oddly enough, the two new recruits that I ordered to replenish my ranks came with jackal armor equipped (it's part of the rifleman default load out). So I suppose they got it somewhere from the corpses of their predecessors.

Apparently all equipment from wounded or killed soldiers persists, but is not automatically returned to the base storeroom. It's taken from an inaccessible cache when new recruits get automatically fitted. But my guess is that any equipment not part of the rifleman loadout is sort of lost forever in a kind of purgatory?