Hello.

I have the mission to capture an alien officer and so far at every crash location I've been prompted that there is one available.

I have non lethal batons on my two assault soldiers and managed to use them a few times now. However, every time I try to stun an officer they seem to club him to death, at least in the mission report screen.

Am I missing anything or it's just a bug? I do some damage first using normal fire then send in the melee team and kick their teeth in, obviously too hard :) Stun grenades don't seem to work on the reptile guys very well.

Thanks.

I captured an officer last night, no problem. I didn't shoot him up first though! ;) Stun grenades are primarily useful as suppressors, not to knock them out (that would be too easy), and the big lizardmen are just generally hardier.

Yeah I was talking about gas grenades, not flashbangs. They are named stun in the game for some reason. I've tried gassing the officers, threw two gas grenades in to cover a wide area and locked the door. They didn't work on the reptile officers.

I guess I'll have to try beating them without shooting, although that will be hard as hell as they have a lot of health.

In that case, you have to approach the enemy using shield(s) and "prod with the prod", while keeping him constantly suppressed. Be it grenades, or MG fired near them (just not at them!).

Good luck, keeping aliens six feet deep is problematic, keeping them alive is sometime very, very situational.

From my experience electromagnetic grenades are the easiest way to achieve it. As you don't have any timeline forcing you to go capture the officer (or any other type of alien) you can postpone it until you have better technology if you are struggling with the prods.

Flashbangs deal stun damage, even to enemies that are immune to stun damage from gas grenades. True, they don't deal much - you may need a dozen to take down an officer! - but it's entirely viable (and lets you, bizarrely, capture and interrogate aliens having not researched Alien Biology yet, as I accidentally did in my first play-through... which leads me to suspect it's entirely possible to complete the game without ever researching Alien Biology, let alone Stun Weapons!)

That said, waiting until Electroshock Grenades is a safe and sensible way to go.