A few small questions

Apologies if any of this is in the manuals or quickstart guide, I just jumped straight in.

It's been way too long since I played it, but I seem to remember X-Com giving you a countdown somewhere that showed how long until newly hired staff arrive on base. Does Xenonauts have an equivalent, or is it just a waiting game?

Is there any way to delete custom-made roles?

Any way to rename built bases?

Finally, in one of my missions yesterday, I had an alien supposedly in view of one of my soldiers. He was on a walkway on the second floor of a warehouse-type building (he'd show up during his turn). When changing the height levels the inside of the building would only display the ground floor - clicking on the red alien icon would change the height map and zoom to where the alien was, but would still only display the ground floor. I couldn't see the walkway again until I sent another soldier into the building. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?

Thanks

About 4 there is a strange behaviour I met as well: If any part of the said building blocks any of your soldiers behind it, there is no way to see the second floor or the alien in it if you don't move the offending soldier away from being blocked of sight by the building in question. Minor issue, but undesirable behaviour.

Msvknight - thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. Not too bothered by 3, but 1 would be nice, if inessential. The roles could become more of an issue later - I've separated my roles out by weapon type, it'd be nice to delete the ballistics and laser ones once they're obsolete. No big deal though.

About 4 there is a strange behaviour I met as well: If any part of the said building blocks any of your soldiers behind it, there is no way to see the second floor or the alien in it if you don't move the offending soldier away from being blocked of sight by the building in question. Minor issue, but undesirable behaviour.

Think that might be what happened - I was up playing far too late so my memory's not that clear, but I'm pretty sure I had guys set up to come in the back. I'll pay more attention next time.

Cheers for the replies.

You can change what a class uses and rename them thought

Think that might be what happened - I was up playing far too late so my memory's not that clear, but I'm pretty sure I had guys set up to come in the back. I'll pay more attention next time.

Cheers for the replies.