Ground Combat Balance Discussion V20 Stable Candidate 1

Aaron

Wow such a massive chnage the hotfix 1 has brought it 's like the UFOs have awoken.

First time i get my entire crew killed. I was doing a terror mission by night (was on the other side of the map and with new chinook speed you cant choose when you arive) and i got sieged in the chinook by a crazy amount of caseans. they kept shooting at me while the small drones scouted i got complely crushed. Especially after one of them moved half way through cover to throw a grenade that burst 3 of my mens that were packed.

I loved it. Will have to restart my game i think i lost almost all of my equipment but i loved it. GREAT WORK Gj

My only worry is the new stats range. After tis mess i could hardly find a soldier with a starting score of TU above 55 to replace my men. Most of them being below 50.

With alien being that much better and starting soldiers being that much worse i m a bit woried. COuldn't you fix at least the TU stat to be a bit higher? Soliers with 48 TU cant do much. So if you loose your team later in the game i cant see them competing with higher class UFOs.

Will try some more tonight.

Edited by Saskali

My only worry is the new stats range. After tis mess i could hardly find a soldier with a starting score of TU above 55 to replace my men. Most of them being below 50.

It sounds like a bug, for me it only affects the first 10-15 recruits, but latter I started seing rookies with above average stats, even the odd one with 70's.

I think the reflex score should be toned down a bit, having a 60+ REF will prove to be overkill especially in the beginning, in the OG you could only start at 55 max I think.

I love the new reaction system, but it needs to be tweaked some more, because it's too easy to walk up with a shotgun at point blanc imo.