Soldier management interface suggestions

Soar

1. Soldiers' assigned roles need to be visible - and ideally, also changeable - on the personnel management interface. It's the screen where you can best compare your soldiers' attributes, and thus their suitability to a given role. It would, if soldier roles were displayed, also be the more convenient screen for putting together strike teams for missions compared to the soldier loadout screen, where you can't compare soldiers' stats at a glance or sort them in any way, and must switch between the dropship soldier list and idle soldier list depending on whether you want to add or remove soldiers from your dropship loadout.

I like to have a certain arrangement of roles in my squads, and right now I have to append role designations to soldiers' names in order to keep track of the roles everyone currently has, which is a bit of a pain in the ass (especially so the more soldiers you have). This change would make managing large numbers of soldiers much more convenient.

2. It would be convenient if you were able to sort potential recruits according to their attributes when hiring soldiers, like you can with soldiers that are already present at your base.

3. Less important than the above - more of a "nice to have" thing rather than a fix for a significant annoyance - but it would be useful if you were able to assign tints to your soldiers' uniforms according to role, to make it easier to identify everyone at a glance during tactical combat.

4. Up to 16 soldiers can fight in base defense missions. However, you don't have any choice regarding which 16 will fight - it's always the first 16 in order of recruitment (or possibly order of transfer to base, haven't tried that). It can be smart to have more than 16 in a base in order to ensure you have a full defense even if a squad is on mission or got wiped, so it should probably be changed - you should either be able to choose at the start of the mission, or there could be a "base defense" assignment given to idle soldiers by default until it has the full 16, with the option to remove and add soldiers manually as with other assignments.

1. I could have sworn that's a feature in the new UI, but I can't prove it. I agree it should be a feature.

2. Sure.

3. I doubt that's possible with the way the sprite animations work, but I could be wrong.

4. But I thought base defense missions being a total chaotic mess was part of the XCOM experience?