Arsenal Mod Thread

Lionheart2

Do you think you will play Arsenal with Xenonauts?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you will play Arsenal with Xenonauts?

• Yes
    • No

Well.

Now I have a folder of various weapons_GC.files, but I have a BAAD feeling about what I will need to do to make it actually work.

(Getting rid of EVERY normal ammo type the guns use.)

Look at how they do the rocket ammo

you have to treat your ammo as a separate weapon. you have to do all the stuff for it like a weapon. you even need to create a placeholder ammo in the ammo.xml file

but in the items.xml file you have to remove the ammo.ballistic.(whatever your removing) entry

that way the game stops creating conflicting ammo's for the weapon in the inventory you have to do all of the ammo's for the weapon in question this way. you can not have one that shows up next to the weapon in ballistic's and others that are in the other equipment tab. its one way or the other

I feared I would need to do that....

That IS going to delay my stuff quite a bit.

I had one weapon do this, (Sovshotgun,) but thats because it was a single ammo type, and work...

But this is a massive, retroactive revamp of my mod to do this properly.

Edited by WalrusJones

well if you are doing multiple ammo types available at the same time its the only way you can go. I am actually going the other way with multiple ammo's which is an upgrade system so though there are multiple ammo's for each weapon only one is available at a time and thus the new replaces the old

Well.

While I have vertical ammo schemes, superior ammos will always come at some cost:

Sure, the best ballistic ammo types MIGHT keep up with plasma, but are you really comfortable using alloys manufactured ammo (Even at a rate of seven magazines per alloy,) like candy?

I already have an answer for that which allows me to keep ballistic ammo at unlimited supply

The basic gist is that I am using the concept of having to convert your stock of alien alloys into usable processed materials. that process would also produce a reasonable amount of wasted scrap. That scrap therefore becomes the necessary component for the ammo upgrade. since that scrap is not tracked you therefore create a resource used to explain away your new unlimited supply of advanced ballistic ammo

Plus aside from that I am not angling for the advanced ballistic ammo to be on par with the more advanced weapons such as lasers, plasma, or Mag

More of a toned down alternative for those who find themselves strapped for cash and with limited weapons stock

Edited by Wrath_IX