Critical hits and associated effects idea

Raywalker

I don't know if this has been discussed before or is not possible, if it isn't the what I am thinking can be taken as an suggestion that isn't feasible.

So in game the damage ranges from 50% to 150% to emulate the idea of projectile scrapping and projectile hitting a vulnerable spot.

Is it possible to add a "critical hit" effect modifier into the calculations?

An example for this being

-ignore armour value on aliens without helmets and inflict maximum damage

- insta-killing ceasans without helmets or impair accuracy

-"stunning" sebillians in the event of a "critical" injury for them to regenerate

- berserk or explosive androns

- wraiths that can't teleport(being hit on its glowy bits)

- impaired accuracy on harridans.

- not sure about humans, although I am guessing associated effects would be necessary for xenonauts too.

ect.

These effects could only last a turn on effect on the healing properties of alenium rich blood for the organic aliens. And for robotic, the systems counter-balancing the combat stress- unless it has exploded? And have a small chance to occur, increased in-line with high mitigation weapons.

I am just mentioning it as an idea and in no way expect this could be easy to implement. It could be impractical and potentially detracting from the game

It is all good,thanks for the reply :)thought about when I looked over x-division mod discussion thread.

I thought as much and it seems it is something a community coder could potentially look at if they wanted to test how far the "black box" can be pushed for a challenge.

Anyway, no worries- I am sure the "unity age" of games like pathfinders will be far more forgiving in this regard :)