Changing gui/weapons/hereisapicture.png -> Changes dont show in-game

FiesesAlien

Heyho.

Again i thought its just as simple as the last problem: XCE. But this time something else must be the problem. I want a different assaultrifle picture and so i opened the picture with Gimp, made a giant red dot in the weapon (testing, you know) and loaded the game... nothing.

Tryed to modmerge, tryed to modmerge & tell them "mods/aai/takethisdampicture" and a few different approaches. All wont work, its still the same assaultrifle picture it is in vanilla. I also tried to edit directly in the main-game the rifle. Also... no red-dots, just the plain rifle.

Can someone (please Step 4 Step 4 Dummies) explain me?

(Maybe not every color is allowed? Is there a special color-palette? Or not every brush allowed? Like just pencil or just tool x? Or is it Gimp? Do i need the special-xenonauts-paint-program?)

THX! And stay crunchy.

EDIT: Nevermind... iam just plain dumb... the GUI isnt the Equip-Screen Weapon... hate myself now... i even tried to solve the problem before posting... iam a horrible modder :/

Edited by FiesesAlien

Nevermind... iam just plain dumb... the GUI isnt the Equip-Screen Weapon... hate myself now... i even tried to solve the problem before posting... iam a horrible modder :/

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere! I failed at making a mod that edits weapons multiple times before I learned how the modular system worked, and guess what? Here I am, making mods and testing others' mods. :3