Problem with TU/AP-Costs of firing Weapon (Flat & Percentage)

FiesesAlien

Hmmm.

Right, maybe i should release the mod? But at which state?

Stage 1: "Wow... he can edit the config files... what a skilled modder..."

Stage 2: "Wow... he can add a weapon with a tutorial... what a skilled modder..."

Stage 3: "Wow... actually this mod seems interesting!"

Stage 4: "Meh... its 2020... i play only Occulus Rift Games"

=)

Hmmm.

Right, maybe i should release the mod? But at which state?

Stage 1: "Wow... he can edit the config files... what a skilled modder..."

Stage 2: "Wow... he can add a weapon with a tutorial... what a skilled modder..."

Stage 3: "Wow... actually this mod seems interesting!"

Stage 4: "Meh... its 2020... i play only Occulus Rift Games"

=)

I say 3.. for this reason i published my mod at 0.9 version.. i dont like 0.1 versions published.. it should add something to game too at playble state.. maybe my standart are a bit high :)

Heyho.

Hm, my mod in Starbound was also released with 0.1 and had not much in it ^^ In Xenonauts editing a huge amount of entrys just in the basic-files would change the game drastically so i think a 0.1-release would be okay.

But atm i want more in it before the first initial release and it will be still 0.1 =) Actually i start to change the weapons to more modern-variations like a 9mm Pistol with Burst-Mode. I want the basic-weapons for the Xenonauts in my Mod to be more modern (and hell, they need them!)

I planned so much and after editing the first weapon into the game it seems to be pretty easy, so i will add a few more but now i have a question:

How can i say to the game "I dont want the basic-weapons in there"?

Well, yeah, i dont want the basic-ballistic-weapons. Because: I have my own Versions and it would be too much have the basic-xenonauts weapons together with my own versions of new ballistic weapons.... uhm... wait explain it better:

weapon.rifle = Standard Xenonaut Rifle (Year 1979)

weapon.assaultrife = MyMod Rifle (Year ????)

So, my Assault Rifle should be used and the old One should be ignored. But is there a way to remove it completely, so that there are not the Standard-Rifle + MyMod-Rifle in the equipment screen?

Coding names are doesnt matter.. the names u see in game is in string.xml file.. so if u change basic rifle name to MYmod name, the rifle became yours from players view..

So use modmerge replace at basic weapons without changing its name at code.. then change all basic weapons names at string.xml as what u want..

Heyho!

Yeah, that i thought in first place. I kinda wantet not to touch the vanilla-stuff. But if this is the easyest way to do it i will do it :) So a Question to MODMERGE, you seem way mor proficient with that then iam.

What is better "replace" or "update" ? Or are there any differences beside the obviousity of the two?

What i see is, that "replace" is the 'ultimate' and 'update' is the way to let other mods alter the variables too. Or am i missunderstanding there something?

with update you can edit spesific stats of that item... with replace u need to write everything again.. if u just copy a weapons all code from weaponGC and edit it, then u can use replace because you already got all the coding u need at your mod.. if u want to edit a weapons only for example "range", u can use update and that just range will be changed..

If u ask me, replace is better.. just copy paste and put replace and edit wahetever u want and let others stay same..

If u dont want to touch vanilla stuff, create your own weapons then with a research use the "replaceitem" code at research.xml.. so with that research all the basic weapons will be replaces yours without editing them..

Heyho!

And also you answered at the Leet Time ^^ Hm, i looked into the research.xml and overwatched it a bit, looking into those replace-code(s).

Actually iam thinking about the vanilla-editing and making advanced weapons to replace the vanilla-edited weapons. So, atm you have G36-Assault Rifle as "weapon.rifle" and then you can research 'Future Infantry Soldier Technology' you get the blablabla-weapon to replace the pre-editet weapon.rifle. (this part was actually just writing down my thoughs)

Oh, and you where the one brought me to the modding Idea ^^ I like your mod and your Ideas inspired me to do something that is more into the modern warfare ^^ (Your Hybrid-Weapons with all that armor piercing stuff etc. etc! Awesome!)

I think iam now ready to work on the whole weekend to present next week a version that has already all the changes i wanted to.

Heh nice to see more ppl at modding comminity..

My little advise is, check everystep at game before jump to next and take backups.. i mean add 1 weapon, try it and start to 2. U are more experienced coder then me anyway.. but this games acts weird.. sometimes it just dont work.. even u get back to backup and the backup u know it worked, is not working any more.. this is the hidden pain for modders at this game..

Max's modmerge tutorials are very good.. as a referance use kabills mod.. those are best for beginners..

Heyho.

Iam not as experience you think ^^ I just use my eyes to look and when a line say "this is the damage" i can edit this, thats all i can do ^^

Iam searching for kabills mod, but uhm, either iam dumb and blind or i just dont know what to search for ^^ Can you provide me a link please?