Various Comments & Feature Requests:
- Since this post is my first, I have played a months worth of game time in Xenonauts, and it's impressive. Glad you guys are making it!
- Music is excellent.
- My load time for ground combat is fine, even when running other programs.
- I don't know if other people have made the following comments or not, so I apologize ahead of time if the issues are already known.
In no particular order of importance:
- Can't buy dropships. I built two other bases, no dropship. My current dropship got blown away by an alien fighter, no replacement. Reload game.
- There should be some button or menu to pull up the save/load/etc. screen. Much better usability than guessing it's the Escape key.
- Constantly arming new soldiers is tedious. It would be nice to set up a default, i.e., everybody should use a pistol as primary and medikit as secondary, or everybody get whatever-the-good-armor-is-called, etc.
- A chart, or charts, to see data, i.e., funding by country, civilian deaths by country, etc. Original X-COM had quite a few.
- Any way to rotate the ground combat screen? The game uses 3D models, right? It would be easier to see the other side of walls and moving a soldier right up to certain places if the screen could rotate.
- I did see comments on changing colors for health/bars/etc. Please keep in mind some people are colorblind, and I know most people know that doesn't mean someone can only see black & white. But, sometimes, discerning between orange and red is difficult, or aqua and green, etc. Just make the colors vivid, bright, stand out from each other (like ROY G BIV).
- It would be nice to be able to delete saved games in-game.
- When someone plays the aerial combat for the first time, it's hard to figure out what to do. Do I fire the missiles? Does it fire automatically? Etc. I didn't even know you can change what alien aircraft the Xenonaut fighter can target until the aliens started coming in squadrons; then it's vital.