[v1.05 Ground Combat] Invisible obstacle

In a Middle-East mission, I have an area near the UFO that behaves like an obstacle in every aspect (impossible to select as destination, not crossable, blocks vision) but appears as empty terrain.

See screenshot below: the soldier will walk a circle instead of moving straight through the area in front of him.

Xenonauts bug3.jpg

[ATTACH]4240[/ATTACH]

Aut.sav

Xenonauts bug3.jpg

Aut.sav

577e7cf5a4761_Xenonautsbug3.jpg.fe899491

• 2 weeks later...

If you exit the game completely (quit to desktop) and then re-open, do you see the same issue? I'm seeing something similar that seems to be related to graphics issues when loading textures; the images for props fail to load, so the prop never shows up, but restarting the game gives that prop a chance to be re-loaded properly.

Here's a screenshot of my mission, and a save - the soldier is behind an invisible car (you can see the pathing that avoids it), and quitting to the main menu has exactly the same car stay invisible. However, quitting to the desktop and reloading completely, some other random prop type won't appear, for example those NW-to-SE walls just above the UI elements at the bottom.

disappearing props.jpg

Here's a save, though I don't know if this will reproduce easily across systems:

[ATTACH]4391[/ATTACH]

Whenever this happens, there are multiple repeats of the following two lines at the console (same line number and everything, though that is in Wine source code (I'm on Linux), not Xenonauts :( )

err:d3d:wined3d_debug_callback 0x17aaa8: "GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY in glTexSubImage".err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY (0x505) from glTexSubImage2D @ surface.c / 2353

A couple more observations:

1. The console output doesn't get repeated more if I exit to the main menu (not desktop) and reload the save, despite the error re-occuring, indicating that the game attempts to load a texture into OpenGL/D3D memory only once across multiple GC loads in the same xenonauts invocation.
  2. The issue seems more likely to pop up the longer I run the game; in one or two GCs things are pretty stable, but the third GC in a load is very likely to exhibit this issue at least once. Are textures not getting a glDeleteTextures call through the wined3d layer?

Before this, the bug was annoying, but could usually be fixed by exiting and re-loading; this is my first big (grounded Landing Ship) night mission, and the game can't seem to load all the prop textures even from a fresh start.

disappearing props.jpg

test.sav

577e7cfa754a9_disappearingprops.jpg.791d

test.sav