Opening door should trigger reaction fire

It's something Chris regrets too. There's kind of an ongoing project to redo the UFOs akin to the OG UFOs (with fully destructible hulls) which Chris has endorsed and will put resources towards if some good UFO designs come up. There's a few technical issues with it, though, that I've not been able to solve (for some reason, the floors/roofs don't block LoS).

EDIT: For reference - http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10974-Modular-UFOs-Discussion-and-Suggestions

For f**cks sake, are really people AGAINST THIS? REALLY? so the only thing you see is: "oh, I will then open the door, and shot down! buu :( not funny"? really?

did you guys KNOW THAT DOORS CAN BE OPENED FROM THE SIDES????

take guy 1, open the door safely, take another guy, spot enemies, guy 1 shots, guy 2 shots. SIMPLE

OR, open door with shield OR blast door OR throw smoke OR suppress alien in door from sides, etcetecetcblablabla

for f**cks sakes OPENING DOORS HAVE TO TRIGGER REACTION FIRE. why?

as stated, because:

-it adds realism

-it adds difficulty in storming the ufo command center (I totally agree with relative reaction value according to difficulty)

-it is a strategy element completely valid and logical

-it ENCOURAGES PLANNIN AND STRATEGY

and... something I saw nobody state:

ITS SUPER F**GN USEFULL WHEN STORMING A UFO FROM OUTSIDE:

u know, when you carefully, strategically place your soldiers outside the said ufo, YOU KNOW they are gonna open the doors and go out for you (the same for them defending their command room) and WE NEED something to counter the fact that they open the doors, nade your guys, or plasma bomb them, etc etc... in this case, you plan, you position, and the moment they get out the ufo they are A$$ F***DK with a swarm of lead/laser/plasma/whatever for daring going out, instead of stablish position and defend the ufo from inside.

god dammit, this needs to be implemented, and I am absolutley possitive that this ADDS to the game, instead of cutting it:

"naah, lets up the TUs for opening doors" > already done, more TUs will be too punishing and illogical, 15 TUs or more for pushing a button? really?

"naah, lets just state that alien put some restriction on the doors, and if the alien commander forgets its wallet, it has to wait another turn to go back" (sarcasm) >>> INCREDIBLY POOR work around

and the fruit of the cake...

"LETS REMOVE FLASHBANGS ALLTOGETHER!!"... chris... I just... common man, REALLY? I will just yoga myself and end that one here.

So... Im fully with ILLUNAK and everyone else who has 2 neurons working together and supports this.

ILLUNAK for president!

peace out.

It was funny, maybe I`m off topic, but yesterday I had two men cover a door in the Alien base, while the rest hunted elsewhere. A few turns later the door opened and there was an Alien. Immediately my shotgunner shot it to pieces. I found this strange since normally my men never tend to get the first shot in, even when ready and waiting. Perhaps the Alien just happened to be one with less TUs and Reaction than one the man with the shotgun and had used all its TUs running up to the gate and opening it.

There are a lot of viables too consider.

p.s. Oh and don`t remove flashbangs. I watched a Special forces Doc yesterday where a soldier used a Flashbang by throwing it up and into the cockpit before successfully storming it. I managed to do the same by throwing a flashbang up stairs into a room an Alien was hiding in. It was pretty cool.:o

Edited by Seafireliv