late game?

So I was wondering if there is anything more planned for the late game. I essentially struggled through the phase where battleships and carriers become the mainstay UFOs and raking in tons of cash I ended up with 18 Maurauders in three bases and just waiting for my workshops to go through the plasma equipment.

One battleship and I ended up with the final mission. What I wondered if there will be come more content for that late game. Overall with said air power, two strike teams and plasma rifles it was only a matter of me wanting to get to Sentinel armor etc. before starting the final mission. The last tier of weapons (singularity weapons) seemed sadly rather small and underdeveloped and there isn't reall anything I need it for.

I know the game is in its cleanup phase and possibly I just had a bit wonky narration because essentially the first battleship I saw I instinctively used shock grenades to knock out the boss alien and thus opened up the final mission.

Maybe the aliens should turn more aggressive against Xenonaut bases in this stage to push you back when your tech has reached more than parity than the aliens at least on normal diffculty?

I just wished there would be one round more of content in research and discovery before unlocking the final mission that's all. Maybe the whole strain of PSI powers and defenses against it and essentially upgraded armor/weapons though I know the later is unlikely to impossible.

What do others think?