3 Bugs That May Not Exclusively Pertain To This Build (v.21)

1. Soldiers injured in battle can be healed back up to max hp in the next battle.

From a flavour stand point it makes it look as if your medical bay and the staff (I assume) that are working there are completely useless since when your soldier gets hurt and it says it will take him 20 days to recover you can actually get him back up to full hp in the same day by just taking him into the next mission whereby his full hp bar will be visible (as opposed to it being blacked out to a point as occurs in the mission where the soldier takes the injury) and all their health will be healable with medkits.

Not sure if I explained this well, let me know if you want clarification and I'll write up steps to reproduce it.

2.Can make the soldiers shield disappear from the game.

This is very specific and only seems to work when using the medkit, not a revolver, but it's possible when switching out a medkit (with a shield held in the other hand) to make the shield disappear from the game by switching the medkit out with a 2-handed weapon.

I'll take you through the steps:

A) Load out a soldier with a medkit in one hand and a shield in the other then put two 2-handed weapons in their inventory (you only need one 2-h weapon but the inventory of the soldier needs to have enough space filled that the shield has no place to fit).

B) Take the soldier into a combat mission.

C) Open up the soldiers inventory and start by click dragging on the medkit in one of the soldiers hands and swap it out for one of the 2h weapons in that soldiers inventory.

Result: The 2h weapon is in the soldiers hands, the medkits in the inventory but the shield has completely vanished from the game.

3. Aliens shooting through a wall or shooting through an unintentional window.

I tried to take a screen of this but I'm unable to, all the screen shots I take only display my desktop and not the game and I have no idea why so I'll try to explain/describe it.

In the Arabic/Middle Eastern maps there is a particular building which you commonly see which is a 2 story building with some sort of balcony outside it on the top of the building. The stairs for it go from east to north west at a 135 degree angle and I'm pretty sure that building always looks the same so hopefully you know which one I'm talking about.

One of my soldiers ran up the stairs and the moment they hit the top of the stairs an alien shot them through the north-eastern wall adjacent to the stairs which seems to be completely windowless so it doesn't seem like it should of happened.

On closer inspection though it seems like there may be a window on the bottom floor looking right at the stairs though it doesn't really appear as a window due to the lack of an actual window tile around it, it just seems to be a hole.

I'm not 100% certain if the alien shot my dude through that i.e if it actually did function as a window or if it's supposed to be one at all but the angle of the shot didn't seem to actually come from there and if she was shot from there she should of been hit when passing it as opposed to when she got to the top of the stairs as I can't see any way she could have been visible to anyone from that 45 degree angle.

So in conclusion it seems either:

- there's an intentional but very dodgily placed window next to the stairs of that building

-an unintentional gap working as a window (at least for the aliens)

-or it had nothing to do with that gap and there's something else dodgy about the wall adjacent to those stairs in that building.

I could add a save file if you would rather see it for yourself but I'm not sure how to attach it.

Thanks

Edit: OK the third bug is a lot more straightforward then I thought. You can simply see through the wall.

If you go into the building I described (arabic tileset, 2 story building with a large balcony at the top of it in the south western area) the moment you have a soldier run to the top of those stairs turn them to the north east (45 degrees) and you can see straight through the wall.

Edited by Mutton