[V19 - Stable Hotfix] - 2 Recreatable Crashes]

First things first: Just got my hands on the game today after some research. Kudos kudos kudos!...

Now on the crashes: I rapidly checked for other threads, didn't find similar reports. Apologies if I missed one, or didn't go deep enough.

1st crash: Pretty basic. Ground combat. Farm map. Sniper shoots from a window on second floor, at an E.T. on 1st. = crash. Recreated it several times. Just saved the game before it happens.

edit: Just went back to create it, and everything went smooth this time... funny thing..

2nd one: Couldn't recreate it exactly but the game crashed on me three times while I was exploring the "soldier layout" thingy. All crashes occurred when I clicked the big letter (S,A,H,R, whatever...) after I clicked on a couple of other things. Can't remember what happened, during all 3 crashes I was mindlessly clicking on stuff while thinking about something else. I'll try to create it again tomorrow.

No biggies... Just reporting so they can get fixed once it comes to that point.

Thanks for all the effort.

(by the way, hello everyone!)

Edited by Ludicer

2nd one: Couldn't recreate it exactly but the game crashed on me three times while I was exploring the "soldier layout" thingy. All crashes occurred when I clicked the big letter (S,A,H,R, whatever...) after I clicked on a couple of other things. Can't remember what happened, during all 3 crashes I was mindlessly clicking on stuff while thinking about something else. I'll try to create it again tomorrow.

Hi, I can confirm this bug as it's just happened to me twice.

From starting a brand new game, and having placed Living Quarters, Hanger, Storage, Garage, another Lab and Medical centre, I then went to the barracks screen to hire 5 more scientists. Straight after that I went to the Solider page and started to alter their default role. When I am modifying the role of a soldier (from Rifleman to Sniper for example) it will make the change however on the second or third soldier this is attempted on the game will crash to desktop. No additional changes to inventory were made I just altered the default role.

Played for a couple of hours yesterday without a single bug. Game is looking really good.

Cheers

Nick

Just tried it again with a saved game, this was the previous 2nd attempt I saved before making the changes when it crashed again. This time I can't get the bug to occur.

The only differences are:

Loaded game not a new game

Frequent Alt/Tabbing to write this post (the game takes a while to refresh when you tab back but otherwise its OK)

As a side note I'm often finding that the hot stop on the mouse icon is a little too high which often leads me into clicking in the wrong place, its possible therefore that I am accidentally clicking on something by mistake which generates the error. If its possible to move the hot spot on the mouse icon a little lower that would be great.

Cheers

Nick

The issue of crash when shooting from an elevated level is known, as is the alt-tabbing problem where the mouse cursor becomes offset.

With the changing of a soldiers role, there are issues known about this, but I'm not sure exactly about this one. Did you right click (that crashes) or left click?

Would be good if Goldhawk people commented though ;)