[V8.9 ground combat] game crash

i wish there was a save i could give you but it seems you cant save durring ground combat so ill try to explain as best as i can.

i had three people on the lower half of the screen one moved up and spotted an alien so i had him fire he hit but didnt kill it. so i moved another person up who shot the first in the back. then i moved the third a little lower so he wouldnt hit anyone then fired hitting the alien it still didnt die.

well i had five more people up top the first one i moved out and fired, it the shot missed so i moved someone else and fired that shot missed as well, so i moved up a third the shot traveled almost the width of the map hitting the alien then it froze the bullet in its head. i belive the music froze on the note when it crashed then i had no choice but to close the program to do anything.

i dont know if it matters but there was fog of war between the ones on the upper part of the map and the alien on the lower part but i didnt see it when i fired the shots

i always save ground combat when it starts but not seeing a way to do so i cant give you the set up otherwise i would have tried to see if i could recreate the problem save it then send it to you.