[V18 - Geoscape] Save games repeatedly crashing on loading - cannot progress game

Hi there, I've got to the point now where I cannot progress in the game, as any time I save a game, it fails to load next time I start. I've been playing for many many hours now, have 3 bases, and my soldiers have top armour and plasma weapons. But I can't continue beyond the point I'm at now due to this issue :(.....

I'm happy to email you the save games as I understand I cannot attach them here. I sure hope you can fix this issue as I really want to keep playing, especially seeing as I got to this point!

I'm running Vista 64, have a quad core cpu, 8Gb Ram, Nvidia GTS 250 1Gb graphics.

No, I have played very often (V18), have 1 base but with all type of crafts, armor and weapons (MAG!, plasma is not latest weapon in weapon's development chain). I have stope playing Xenonauts because, the game (beta!) is not completed -> you can play to certain moment, after that point game is repetitive. I think you can not complete beta game!, mayby the part with final attack on main alien`s base is still not ready (have you played orginal UFO: E.U. from 1990s? mayby version for windows mobile?, the last stage of this game was attack on Mars).

You must wait for final release, v18 i V19 are to test the Xenonauts!

Thanks radiorob! I guess I was hoping I could assist development by submitting save games that repeatedly cause crashing, in the hope they could improve it for when it is released. But as yet, nobody has contacted me.

But I guess I will give it a rest for now then, given what you're saying. The game has promise, but currently is far short of the original IMHO. Yes, I've played every single UFO/XCOM game ever made, and most of them played many times over, especially the original in the mid 90's :D The best so far is UFO:Aftershock, by a long way. I can only hope Xenonauts implements some of the improvements this game had.

I got the same Bug. Can't load games any more.

I have been playing for a while without any problems and suddenly the time on the loading-screen went up to 10 minutes, every loading in and out of the tactical combat causes a crash.

I am running a Mac-Book Pro with a windows-partition, Windows 7 Prof.

What happens for me is if i try to load a savegame from the point i'm at now in the game, it CTD's as soon as i click load. I can go back to an old savegame, and continue on, but next time i got to save it, i won't be able to load the new savegame due to CTD.

Sherelian, is this what you get? What do u mean by "the loading screen went up to 10 minutes"?

I have been trying around and I found at least one source, when it starts to crash:

If I ALT-Tab During the game, and Tab back into the game there is a slight shift beetween the cursor and the clicks in the game. It becomes difficult to point and click due the shift. So I restarted the game to clear the shift and here we go: the loading-screen of the tactical combat takes 10 minutes, after the last alien dies the game crashes. I have to Alt-Tab again and kill the game; restarting it and here we go: the save-games are corrupted. Those Time ALT-Tab is no longer possible and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill the game.

After reloading the files of the game (activating the beta to v19.5 and back to v18stable) the save-games are uncorrupted and loadable.

That is why it suddendly started on friday, for I Alt-Tabed for the first time.

conclusion: the multitasking in windows corrupts the UI, each time the UI is up to be loaded or reloaded (save-game, tactical combat in and out) the game crashes.

Hi Sherelian, yes it seems we share the same savegame corruption bug :(

And I also notice the same annoying shift between cursor and click after switching windows.

Matthew, glad to hear you've got the savegame corruption in hand. Yay! I look forward to playing more when it's playable again :)