[19.4 - Ground Combat] - Autosave problem in "deployment phase" missions

Another mid-level bug - has the potential to irritate, but not game breaking. This one's fully repeatable, I've tested across multiple missions/saves/playthroughs.

Certain mission types begin with a Deployment Phase - Xenonaut base defense, alien base assault and any mission you launch from a Valkyrie.

However, if you reload the auto-save that's created at the start of this mission, you won't get to redo the deployment phase, instead, all of your units start in a big cluster together.

Particularly bad on alien base assault missions, where if you have a tank, it can spawn partially inside a wall and be unable to move for the remainder of the mission.

As an addendum to the above, I have a worry that the current deployment cycle for unstable builds - and the fact they break save compatibility - is making it harder to track down bugs like the one described above, which are more likely to become apparent in the later stages of the game.

If the answer is "no", then I fully understand - but would it be possible for new unstable builds to come with a late-game save right from the start? Perhaps something from around when carriers start showing up? Hacking .xmls to accelerate progress is all well and good, but you still end up repeating a lot of low-tier UFO missions to get back to end-game testing.