[19.4 - Ground Combat] - All aliens inside UFO (maybe working-as-intended)

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Ground mission against a shot-down (minor damage) Landing Craft UFO. I'm deploying a fairly standard mid-game squad from a Shrike. I've got the usual "large" farm tileset.

I do my normal deployment and fan out across the map. There is not a single alien outside of the UFO - but I note that the alien turn is taking a little while to play out each round. When I eventually open the door to the UFO, it is absolutely RAMMED with aliens - all of them with reaction shots. From this point on, the aliens start behaving normally. The

I eventually clear the thing, though even with massive save/load spamming, I end up losing a good chunk of my squad (and relying on blowing up the UFO's engines to take out a good number of the aliens). Also helps that the density of aliens is so great that some of them kill each other. The after-action reports lists 21 aliens killed - all of them within the UFO.

Not sure whether this is a bug, or just one of the possible configurations for the mission. It was many, many times harder than a normal Landing Craft mission - but maybe it's not such a bad thing to have the chance of missions like that?

I have seen, that when my troops move in groups forward, aliens try to move backwards into better cover/position.

Had it one time with a scout ufo that I saw 2 aliens moving back into the ufo when I closed the distance towards them with 2*3 man groups. 1 alien died when the ufo crashed, so there were 5 aliens inside the scout.

When moving single soldiers around the map, the aliens attack most times.

Maybe the aliens outside moved back into the ufo?

Hope it is because of a good AI and not because of some bug ^^