18.51 seems pretty stable - after an OCD clean install

I have to download via Desura since I don't have reliable enough internet to download >4Gb without resume. As such I've taken most updates up to now via Desura, and used the options in the Desura update dialog boxes to reinstall. From about 17.5 onwards the game got less stable and more buggy with every new release.

So yesterday (after again failing to download a standalone), I cleaned out the Desura AND the savegame folders manually, and hunted down all references to them, and to Xenonauts, anywhere in my system.

I then relaunched the game from Desura, and went away to mix some concrete (really true, but wholly unrelated). The download took all day, and the installation took more than half an hour.

However, I was able to play for two hours last night without a single crash, and the only real bug was (still) not being able to enter some interiors and the only niggle was aliens shooting their own spaceship from the inside (in spite of which, their tactics seem to be vastly improved).

So before you post a bug, make sure you have a clean install.