17.6 (Standalone) neverending hidden movement phase

Firstly, you're making a great game, can't wait for final version.

In my last attempt to play 17.6 alpha, second ground mission, moving my troops around ... in 1st round 1 alien killed, after the 2nd round hidden movement screen, I've heard two shots and than fire sound, like something's burning (grass caught fire probably). Music played all around, game looks (well, actually sounds) like it works, but that hidden phase never ended. I waited several minutes, 10 I think, and still nothing - music plays and burning sound plays and nothing else ...

game process wasn't "non-responding" in task manager

Same thing happened to me, twice with a medium ufo landed in the farm tileset (corvette i think) and one just now in a terror site. One thing I found in common is that the cyberdisk was present in all of them, I could hear the barrage of shots during the hidden fase. I can get the save file if it helps.

edit: I could finish the terror mission and there was not a cyberdisk thingy, so disregard that part.

Edited by Kaosu

In my case it was my second ground mission in the game - only caseans (I think they are caseans, just tried the aplha, have not much time to play... looks little bit like humans, blue sweater or what it is ... ). Just one scout down, nothing else ...

I have save at the beginning of the ground combat, can upload save if it helps. Trying to play that save again, same thing happens in the second round of combat.

Hopefully in the next builds will be a debug tool for you guys if something like this happens you can use, and it will provide you a debug log and we will be able to find such issues.

We used a tool in during the development of HommVI and it will be as useful here. We used it for the same type of issues and it helped a lot.

And it would be cool, if you could attach your save game, and describe the steps you do in the combat, or take a screenshot at the end of the each turn, so i could do what you did, and increase the chances.

A debug tool is great news.

It took some time to happen again but here is a save of a hanging hidden movement. Just press end turn and there will be shooting, someone will die if the alien is good and it hangs there. Reloaded a few times and its hanging everytime:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw3eixnb8js4o19/2013-03-08_19.02.13.sav%20hidden%20hang2.zip

A save from the landing if it helps. It does not always hang, I had to try several times until I got it again, but it's always in the second or third hidden fase.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z66vssyni2cispu/2013-03-08_18.49.14.sav%20hidden%20hang.zip

Edited by Kaosu

• 2 weeks later...