[v3.10.0] crash on (v3.8.0) ground combat savegame load

Last savegame I have is from 3 days ago (2024-04-07), at the start of a ground combat mission. That was saved on whatever the experimental build was at the time (3.8.0?) and trying to load that savegame now results in a crash-to-desktop.

If I load the autosave (Before Combat) it loads fine, immediately starting with a "do you want to start ground combat?" prompt but when I say yes nothing happens (the dropship just sits there, ground combat doesn't start, time just ticks on in the geoscape). If I send the dropship back to base and then immediately set a new target back to the crashed UFO then ground combat starts as expected.

user_day_139_crash_site_manual_save-50.json auto_strategy_before_combat-127.json output.log

Thank you for the bug report!

We had to remove some assets to finally fully fix the bald-soldier problem, which caused any GC-save to no longer be valid.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused but for this one we had no way but to remove the assets and cause this issue.

Your save from before the GC should still be valid!