Feedback regarding abduction missions + some miscellaneous stuff

To start off with, I'd just like to say I'm really enjoying the game so far and am real excited for the finished product.

So feedback; I think abduction mission civilians need a bit of tweaking as currently they have a high chance of just getting shot once rescued from the abduction pods which is just a bit weird since the game doesn't acknowledge this in any way and still considers those civilians saved (even though all you saved them from was some probing). To begin with, I think civilians should not count as saved if they are killed during a mission, at the very least there should be a penalty. However to reduce the chances of dumb civvies getting murdered there are a couple of ways to make this less likely:

1. Either have rescued civilians drop unconscious once saved meaning explosives and the like could still kill them but this is far less likely than them stumbling into an alien and getting shot.

2. Allow us to control civilians we save meaning it's up to us to actually keep them safe for the duration of the mission once we have rescued them.

3. If this isn't within the scope of the mission then just have rescued civvies disappear after they're saved so they don't just get murdered.

Now for some miscellaneous stuff:

1. It would be nice if gas masks appeared on soldiers' battlescape models if they have one equipped. It adds to the game's visuals while also preventing having to double check soldier inventories again and again.

2. I don't know if I just couldn't see it but the post-mission breakdown doesn't seem to show you which soldiers got kills, this would be nice to see.

3. I'd much prefer a to see the current date in the Geoscape rather than 'Days passed', I just think it's cooler.

4. This might be more of a bug than a design issue but I don't think waist high objects should interfere with shots when your target is several feet above said waist high object. (see image below)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

20231231001628_1.jpg

• Like 1