Cleaner missions AI behavior

The AI is not very aggressive.

In my last gameplay (commander) during the cleaner cell missions, after the vip was killed, I thought I'll give a try to fortify myself in the compound around the chopper to see what happens and perhaps get at least 3 cleaner data sticks (as I wasn't planning to get any originally).

So I stayed until turn 45... got 10 datasticks, 7 cleaner rifles and had to leave in the end, as the squad was low on ammo (basic lasers) even on the captured cleaner guns. My squad was pretty beaten up, but no casualties (6 injured 1 wounded, MARS with 11 health), but my expectation was, that the reinforcement will be swarming the battlefield, flanking my positions, throwing grenades or stack up and attack my position in mass, but no. In reality they did use some cover, but very often provided my guys with firing solutions in the open instead. At the end, 17 cleaners were dead (idk if the reinforcement count in as well, I thought I definitely killed more than that)

I am sure, that many of you also tried and got lot more out of the mission, just wanted to point out, how the AI behaved in prolonged combat. I did the same with all 3 cleaner missions, with similar outcomes.

Suggestions: 

1. The cleaner reinforcements seem to be spawning in the same spots (left and right top corners of the map). Adding spawn points and cycle between them when reinforcements arrive would be better and would make the player adjust their tactics more, as a larger area would become potentialy dangerous.

2. Cleaner soldiers (not agents) should also use heavier weapons to be more formidable. I would suggest a Rocket Launcher and machine gun to add variety. Such weapons would make them absolutely lethal and fearsome.

3. I also noticed in the US cleaner cell mission, that the agents had accelerated weapons, but the reinforcement had basic ballistic rifles only.

4. Cleaner soldiers (and possibly also agents) should also use grenades (at least flashbangs)

5. While the defence by the agents in all 3 missions seemed reasonable, supporting each other in defense, the reinforcements pop in and run around as if nothing happened, having more or less defensive approach around middle of the map - shooting on everyrhing they could see. It was described before by @doubleskulls as well I believe, that the AI does not use much cover and only react on what they currently see. It would be my suggestion therefore, that the primary target of the cleaner reinforcement should be the dropship location, to add pressure on the player to get out as soon as they can (and potenrially leaving under fire)

Edited by Raffik