m1.xx Assorted Thoughts [Veteran]

• Memory leak? Xenonauts2.exe process handle and thread counts remain stable during Geoscape at around 900 and 80 respectively.  Starting ground combat increases semaphore handle count significantly which continually increases with each savegame load and then doesn't reduce once returning to the Geoscape.  After several hours of playing there are 10s of thousands of semaphore handles and thread count is still around 80.  Seems suspect.
  • Cleaner VIP capture creates both VIP and Psyon storeroom items (not complaining, $$).
  • Scientist and Engineer arrival dialogs have a button to move to 'Personnel Screen' which brings up 'Soldier Screen' which has no info about scientists/engineers or a way to interact with them. Feels like there was a personnel interface at some prior point that got axed.
  • When renaming aircraft, the new name is not immediately reflected in the 'Base Hangars' listbox.
  • Tooltip for '+5 Penetration' item for 'Alien Magnetic Weapons' Xenopedia entry stating value is a minimum is inconsistent with accelerated shotgun showing +3 penetration.
  • Aircraft Xenopedia KM and KM/H capitalization inconsistent.
  • X-3 Dragonfly Xenopedia entry wording 'and' implies 12 combatants plus two vehicles which was sadly not the case.
  • Dragging items around/in/out backpack they sometimes hang on the edge of a cell disabling the mouse from picking up anything else. The hang will last several seconds and the item will end up back in its original position but not show there appearing on the edge of the cell instead. Selecting another soldier and then reselecting the original soldier will clear up the visuals.
  • I miss X1's keyboard repeat for 'c' when held down. Made it easier to burn TU than toggling overwatch off and back on. Also helped for training TUs at end of each turn while in the UFO.
  • I think training center gains need some type of feedback, perhaps on the armory stat tooltips or in the geoscape message log - "Sergeant Cannon Fodder is stronger due to his diligent workout routine.", etc.
  • ~60 days into new campaign without a crash - much improved since v25.x.  Nevermind.... I jinxed it.
Edited by Melee

I still think we should be able to 1.interogate our self's with generic questions put in place that we need to pick and random answers depends on question

2. Every alien captured we should be able to put in a jail and this could bring another couple of missions being either a jail break by inmates or like a landing mission to break them free