[1.21 - Geoscape] - power usage bug

I notice when you are maxed out on power and trying to build a new building it fails as expected. You then build a generator with 20 odd days to build. This increases the available power thus allowing further building before the generator is built.

seems a bit not right :)

9 hours ago, XenoSnort said:

I notice when you are maxed out on power and trying to build a new building it fails as expected. You then build a generator with 20 odd days to build. This increases the available power thus allowing further building before the generator is built.

seems a bit not right :)

I think this is intentional, the new generator will be always finished before any other construction site because it only takes 12 days to build, means you are basically shown the future capacity that will be available once the generator is done.

1 hour ago, XenoSnort said:

yeah but surely you shouldn't have access to the new capacity until the 12 days construction is complete? I don't mind getting the power 12 days early :P

Depends how you want to view it, in the current state the construction site doesn't need actual power yet, what you are describing would mean the construction site needs as much power as the finished building even it has no functionality yet, so I don't think this is a bug.

But I agree with you, having the option to expand the base right away is much better than having to sit around for the generator to finish and then again wait for the thing you actually want, that would be super-tedious and slow down expansion way too much I think.

• Like 1