Anoying Chat

Hi There,

thank you for the effort to keep x-com alive! I cant mention this egnough.

im totally hyped, playing the open Beta, but inital at start im anoyed of by the handygame like chat with bad writing of the protagonists, which totally throws me of the expected dark mode, x-com in my oppinion provides. I expect total professionals with focus on the purpose, not dead jokes about scientists.

Please please find a good writer, or reduce this parts to the absolute minnimum. As commander i expect briefings, not a dailysoap in my warrom.
Over and Out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geego said:

Hi There,

thank you for the effort to keep x-com alive! I cant mention this egnough.

im totally hyped, playing the open Beta, but inital at start im anoyed of by the handygame like chat with bad writing of the protagonists, which totally throws me of the expected dark mode, x-com in my oppinion provides. I expect total professionals with focus on the purpose, not dead jokes about scientists.

Please please find a good writer, or reduce this parts to the absolute minnimum. As commander i expect briefings, not a dailysoap in my warrom.
Over and Out

Agreed. I personally liked the slightly more serious tone in Xenonauts 1 more. The dialogue in Xenonauts 2 feels a bit forced.

I didn't mind it, just the usual mumbo jumbo to get the game started and personally if your experience of this game is ruined because of some bad writing then you might be playing the wrong game. It's not like X-COM in any form has ever been a marvel of story telling etc., it's always been about turning aliens into goop with grenades, which this game captures perfectly.

Edited by Novadea

Novade, your totally right, so why putting those childish protagonists in to it. Its not that i search for storrytelling, but if it is there, it shouldnt take away the feeling of an badas comando unit.
And Doubleskills, in my humble opinion, Humour is not about laughing about every joke. The intro of the first x-com game was so over the top, that it was more funny then the one here, without trying to make up an unseless story. THIS is a marvel of minimal storytelling.

• Like 3