[V17.1 Ground combat] Ghost/duplicated soldier after ALT-TABbing back to game

I haven't been able to reproduce it, but it seems some weird stuff happened to the game where I created the screenshot in my other thread V17.1 Ground combat Crunching sound on mission start.

After saving the screenshot I ALT-TABbed back to the game, and noticed that my rocket-girl "Hilda Schmidt" seemed to be back in the chinook whereas I'd moved her out before.

In the screenshot below, notice the grey cursor on the "ghost", where you'd normally expect a green-selector cursor. I even could route another soldier right through her.

v171_ghost_soldier_after_alt_tab.jpg

Even stranger, after a few turns I noticed the "ghost" could suddenly be selected (so I had her join the fight, heh). The original "Hilda" unfortunately took a hit and was hurt. After I ended the mission successfully, the after action report showed 2 "Hilda"s: same portrait, rank, and even the 51% health, but with different stat boosts.

I'm afraid I messed up the screenshot, unfortunately only the first Hilda can be seen. I'm not as skilled in using Paint as I am tweaking Excel XML files through a text-only editor... Here's the top half anyway:

v171_ghost_soldier_cloned.jpg

After the mission, I opened the personel-listing of the base to see if now two Hilda's were stationed, but to my surprise, another soldier showed up twice and Hilda suddenly was a Sergeant:

v171_different_clone.jpg

v171_ghost_soldier_after_alt_tab.jpg

v171_ghost_soldier_cloned.jpg

v171_different_clone.jpg

v171_ghost_soldier_after_alt_tab.jpg.984

v171_ghost_soldier_cloned.jpg.0a20f760d5

v171_different_clone.jpg.baeabea963ae9cf

I've encountered this issue again: same map, but this time without any ALT-TAB'ing.

What happens is that the soldier walks away, but a ghost image remains. The ghost cannot be selected by clicking on it, but the next turn, it can be selected through the icons.

I managed a screen shot of the after action report this time. As you can see it happened to the rocket-bearing Hilda twice (so three Hilda's), and also to another soldier.

Screenshot:

v171_hilda_dupes.jpg

Full res link to the same image:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/390972/v171_hilda_dupes.jpg

v171_hilda_dupes.jpg

v171_hilda_dupes.jpg.902fae4973c9db6f36c

• 2 weeks later...